A forum for fans of the Wexford band Cry Before Dawn to discuss everything and anything!

Revival of CBD for 20th Anniversary

bryanbunny

Revival of CBD for 20th Anniversary

Post  bryanbunny on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 am

Hi all, new to the forum. Have CBD's Witness to the World album on tape and saw them live in Tralee during my College days. They may have played here twice. Anyway am based in Kerry (South west Ireland....for the Wexford people !!) This album and the band were such an infulential part of my life. Witness for the Word into Yesterdays Girl were way ahead of their time...the sentiments of the songs and 'Last of the Sun' is my song that changed my life many years ago.

I am an event manager that runs the Rose of Tralee and my goal is on this their 20th anniversary of their peak to see if they would come together again.

What do ye all think. I wil actually drive to Wexford to meet with the guys and see if they can re-form to play an outdoor concert at this year 50th anniversary of the Rose of Tralee Festival.

koala_sprint

Re: Revival of CBD for 20th Anniversary

Post  koala_sprint on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Good luck. I'd fly over from Barcelona to see that. The Rose of Tralee managed to get INXS a few years ago when they have ex Noiseworks singer, Jon Stevens with them. I was gutted I missed that.
    Keep us informed.

Stephen

Enda

Post  Enda on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Contact Jim Hays, Pat's brother at the People Newspaper in Wexford @ Tel 053 9140100 he has always being helpfull to me. let me know how you get on.

patjackman

Post  patjackman on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:08 am

A friend and I recently made enquiries regarding a CBD reunion. Apparently a reunion was posited a few years back, and the band even got back together for a few rehearsals, although in a slightly different format. Paul Spencer, who replaced Tony Hall in the final years of CBD rejoined the band as guitarist, and Mick O'Brien, an original founder member of the band replaced Vinnie Doyle on bass duties.

For some reason, the rehearsals fell down, and there seems to be no desire within the band to even consider a reunion. The problem seems to be compounded by the fact that a number of the band now live internationally, with Pat certainly still based in Stockholm.

If bryanbunny would like to contact me, I would certainly like to help, as I would also be able to offer a second gig that might sweeten the deal!

bryanbunny

CBD - Tralee

Post  bryanbunny on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am

Hi all, sorry I did n ot get a chance to come back on the issue. I had heard about the possible initial reunion going south so because of time constraints. Like what the Stunning did a few years back; if an agent / promoter was ballsey enough to do the Irish college city/town circuit to offer the guys dates and guarentees they could not say no to then it would be game on!

JazzaBoo

reunion

Post  JazzaBoo on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:50 am

hey all...I am a newbie to this forum and a newbie to CBD..why this band never became huge is beyond me..they were a fantastic band and Brendans voice is phenominal..I would travel from anywhere to anywhere to hear them play again..can it be possible??
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Yes it can! Get your tickets now!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 am